July 16, 2011

The Pieces To My Puzzle

A young girl after being stuck by a car uncovered a passion she had a drive for. Diane, the youngest of four was determined to make something of her life after her tragedy. In a city of bright lights, sirens, teen pregnancy, and drugs her chances of staying focus and seeking an opportunity was little to none.  


Coming form a low-socio economic background in Bayview Hunters Point district of San Francisco, CA Diane Thomas the youngest of four was subjected to the city life of fast living, and free will. Asking herself, what’s the best way to make it out an become a Trauma Surgeon.

Trying to put the pieces to her puzzle together Diane decided

to separate herself from her environment and accept a scholarship at Xavier University of Louisiana. She majored in Biology with a minor in Chemistry to set out and accomplish her dreams. She found herself a woman, her Junior year just around the age 21, in undergraduate school. "I moved off campus, had my own car and paid my own bills with and tuition with scholarship funding." It was a moment in Diane's life that she felt good about thus far.


After graduation she went on to Medical school, and the rest was history. Currently this Educated Beauty is an Obstetrician Gynecologist Resident Physician in Southern, CA.  Although, she no longer lives in SF, Diane makes her city proud.  She has always been connected to the city’s lifestyle and trend during her journey.  “It was easy for me to stay connected to SF lifestyle… I always stayed focused on my goals, but I never forgot where I came from.” As a roll model with a mission to encourage kids to follow their dreams, she reminds us “anything is possible.” 


Diane is inspired by a quote of Sophia Loren, “I’ve never tried to block out the memories of the past, even though some are painful. I don’t understand people who hide from their past.  Everything you live through helps to make you the person you are now.” 


Usually common sense dose not come with brains but in this case we have ourselves an educated beauty with the best of both worlds. The piece to this puzzle is almost complete.   

7 comments:

  1. She is a BEAUTY...

    ReplyDelete
  2. the writer is sick.. i want this person to write about me i could not stop reading this story...the writer made me im proud of this woman and i dont know even know her

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not only do I love the story I love the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that where she disappeared too LA

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am very proud of this young lady. She has shown that anything is possible especially if you have GOD in your life.

    ReplyDelete